- All Senior System Administrator skills, including.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- A solid understanding of an operating system.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Ability and desire to lead and the flexibility to also share the duties of the technical team.
- Willingness to mentor, train, and share knowledge with peers.
Minimum five years of previous system administration experience.
Desirable Background and Skills:
- A degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- Candidates with Certifications like Cisco CCNA, Microsoft (MCITP, MCTS, MCP, MCSE), VMware, Citrix will be preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting languages will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of storage and backup technologies.
- Knowledge of OSI model.
- Knowledge of Servers and network communications equipment protocols.
- Experience mentoring employees.
- Experience in project, product, or team management Appropriate Responsibilities.
- Serves as a member of the team.
- Aggressively automates repeated tasks to allow the team to scale with the organization’s growth n Directs and participates in system administration efforts.
- Assists the system administration manager in setting staff goals and training, defining technology priorities, and developing long-term strategies to manage and scale system administration.
- Supervises one or more staff and provides them with technical guidance and mentoring n Communicates and acts as liaison with end users and colleagues.
- Acts as liaison between team members and the client.
- Communicates progress on priorities and budget to management and team